The next Market On The Green is being twinned with the launch of the long awaited Beckenham Heritage Trail. The trail takes you past 23 historical points and you will be following in the footsteps of some well known names associated with Beckenham including children’s author Enid Blyton; poet and composer Carey Blyton; entertainer Bob Monkhouse; actor Julie Andrews; singer David Bowie; and former Prime Minister Sir John Major. There will be lots to see and do throughout the town centre to celebrate the launch.
Do a miniature version of the trail
- Kids can collect stamps at 9 trail points along the High Street and get a goodie bag if they complete the trail.
- You will meet lots of interesting people along the way and finish at the Market On The Green.
Along the High Street
- Meet Charlie Chaplin and other historical characters.
- Check out a vintage fire engine parked outside the old fire station.
- Pick up some free toffee apples and marshmallows (while stocks last).
- See a Punch and Judy Show outside Sainsbury’s forecourt.
Market On The Green
- Tree Planting Ceremony at 11 to mark the launch of the trail and commemorate lives lost in the 1942 bombing on the site of The Green.
- Entertainment will be a 1920-40’s Saxophone Quartet from Beckenham, Andrews Sisters Tribute, a David Bowie Tribute, plus a pony display show.
- Lots of great hot food, produce and craft stalls. Check out the market page to see which stalls are confirmed so far.
- For the kids there will be pony rides, fun fair, pottery painting and face painting.
- Mr & Mrs Becks (from our town sign) will be making their debut at the Market too.
- Councillor Surgery Sessions at the Copers Cope Area Residents Association at midday. Your chance to talk to one of the Copers Cope Councillors.