Celebrating the Union – a concert of universally appealing British Music – Saturday 06th December 2014 7.45pm
- Henry Purcell Overture and Rondeau from Abdelazar Suite Z 570
- Joan Trimble Suite for Strings (1951 unpublished, loaned from Ulster Orchestra)
- Gareth Walters Divertimento for Strings (1960 Welsh)
- Sir Charles Hubert Hastings Parry Lady Radnor’s Suite in F
- Sir Alexander Campbell MacKenzie Benedictus (1888) Op 37 No 3 arr. for violin and strings Dominic Moore
- Country Gardens (In an English Country Garden) – Percy Grainger, arr. Dominic Moore
- Irish Tune from County Derry Percy Grainger, arr. Barry Ould
- Suo Gan (Sleep My Baby) arr. Dominic Moore
The planning of this concert comes at a time when one of our great symphony orchestras, the Ulster Orchestra is fighting for survival. We would like to show our support for this wonderful orchestra, if you would also like to show your support please click this petition link and add your name to the petition there.
Book in advance from The Beckenham Bookshop and St. George’s Church Office (Monday to Friday until 3.30pm). Best seats will be reserved for pre-concert sales. Tickets also available on-line at www.sgco.co.uk and on the door.