Make sure you head to Beckenham Green (next to St George’s Church) this Saturday for Christmas On The Green and Light Switch On. This is a community event organised by your local Copers Cope Area Resident’s Association with lot’s of free fun for the whole family. Plus our local produce and craft market and a fun fair including a Ferris Wheel (we love a Ferris Wheel on The Green).
Come along to enjoy live entertainment, funfair, local produce and craft market, Treasure Hunt, Christmas Trail, Christmas Lights Switch On and a community sing-a-long. Plus special guests Olaf (look-a-like) and of course Santa.
Kids Carrot Treasure Hunt – 1.15pm
Help Olaf find lost carrots on Beckenham Green and win some chocolate gold coins. Keep an eye out for golden carrots for a special prize.
Christmas Trail – Midday to 4pm
Complete the Christmas Trail using your smart phone and win some gold coins (while stocks last). The trail is fun for the whole family and you’ll find a few interesting local facts along the way. You will need to download the Huntzz app to your phone (it’s free). A link to the trail will be provided on Friday 2nd Dec on our website and Twitter.
Christmas Light Switch On and Sing-A-Long – 4.30 pm to 5pm
The tree lights on The Green and Christmas lights throughout the town will be switched on to festive fanfare. Look out for song sheets being passed round for the festive sing-a-long extravaganza. Santa is due to make an appearance on Beckenham Green.
Live Entertainment – Midday to 5pm
- 12.00 – Salvation Army Band
- 13.0o – Olaf Christmas Dance Party from Brilliant Birthdays
- 14.00 – West End Singers from Cantando Entertainment.
- 14.30 – Churchfields Primary and Worsley Bridge School Choirs go head to head.
- 15.00 – Beckenham Youth Choir
- 15: 30 – Josef Pitura-Riley – Singer/Songwriter from South East London
- 16:00 – Churchfields Community Choir
- 16.30 – FiL Straughan, a musical tour de force, powerful vocalist & versatile entertainer leads the community sing-a-long and lights switch on.
Local Produce and Craft Market – Midday to 5pm
35 stalls of local produce and craft, hot food, mulled wine and beer. A perfect chance to purchase some gifts, pick up some essentials and enjoy some lunch. See our market page for the complete list of stallholders.
Above details were correct at time of writing but may be subject to change.