The Bridge Bar nightclub (formerly Langtry’s) at Beckenham Junction has been granted an extension to its licensing hours and can now operate until 3am.
The application received many objections from local residents, Copers Cope Police, Councillors and, of course, our Association, all concerned about the noise and potential increase in antisocial behaviour due to increased drinking hours, and the lack of infrastructure to deal with all-night clubbing in Beckenham.
The Council decided to grant the application amended as follows:
- Live music on Fridays and Saturdays from 10:00pm to 03:00am
- Recorded music on Fridays and Saturdays from 10:00pm to 03:00am
- Late night refreshments on Fridays and Saturdays from 10:00pm to 03:00am
- Regulated Entertainment on Fridays and Saturdays from 09:00pm to 03:00am
- Supply of alcohol on Fridays and Saturdays from 10:00pm to 03:00am
- Hours open to the public Fridays and Saturdays from 10:00pm to 03:30am
Subject to the following additional conditions:
- On any night that that the premises trades beyond 2am it shall have no fewer than 8 SIA registered door supervisors working at the venue, who shall remain on duty until 30 minutes after the venue closes.
- There shall be no off-sales from the venue, and no drinks may be taken outside by customers.
- The venue shall not offer cut price alcohol promotions.
- The upper and lower floors of the premises shall be closed sequentially, at least 30 minutes apart from each other.
- No customers under the age of 21 shall be admitted to the premises.
- Save for emergency egress, all exits after 2.30am shall be through the station carpark entrance.
- Following closure of the premises, all security staff shall be deployed to marshall the vicinity in hi-vis jackets to promote a quiet and rapid dispersal of customers.
- Following closure of the premises, it will remove any empty vessels from the station carpark.
- The premises shall maintain a dedicated telephone line which residents can call at any time up to half an hour after closing time of the premises.
- The premises licence holder shall hold a meeting with the local community at least quarterly. Details of the meeting shall be provided to local residents’ associations and shall be clearly displayed at both entrances to the premises.