Beckenham’s Christmas Extravaganza starts off tomorrow with free coffee and cakes (while stocks last). Arrive on Beckenham Green for 12.30 to join Cllr Tickner and members of Working Party (made up of local residents) to mark the completion of Beckenham Town Centre Improvements and open the towns festivities.
Stay on the Green to enjoy the Primary School Choir Competition, live entertainment, delicious street food, market, children’s fair and activities and more.
Lots to do on the day for kids.
- Letter to writing to Santa (free of charge)
- Meet Santa – a little birdie has told us Santa will be on the Green
- Craft activities with Crafty Hands
- Fun fair – kids rides, bungee trampoline and Christmas hoopla.
- Candlelit Parade – with free lanterns, see below for details.
Live Entertainment – 12.30 to 17.30
- 12.30 – Free Coffee and Cake (while stocks last) in celebration of Beckenham Improvement Scheme
- 13:00 – Harris Primary Beckenham Green Choir
- 13:30 – Felix School of Ukulele
- 14:00 – Make Believe Dance Troop
- 14:30 – Harris Primary Beckenham School Choir
- 15:00 – Plastic Free (Beckenham Band)
- 15:30 – Worsley Bridge School Choir
- 16:00 – Soulbirds Choir
- 16:30 – Matthew Crane (award winning singer-songwriter from Kent)
- 17:00 – Light switch on Community Sing A long
Candlelit Parade (4.30pm start)
Muster for the Beckenham Christmas Candlelit Parade on Croydon Road Recreation Ground. The Parade will leave at 4.30 pm and make its way to Beckenham Green for the light switch on. Not one to miss as you walk through the town with Father Christmas and Elves to Christmas songs and bands. Beautiful candlelit lanterns free for all. Check out the Shane Hampshire Swing Band outside Kelsey House.
The Market opens at midday with stalls of local produce and craft, hot food, mulled wine and beer. A perfect chance to purchase some gifts, pick up some essentials and enjoy some lunch. Confirmed so far.
- Chillimamas – hot hot hot chilli sauce made in Bromley.
- Cranbrook Conserves – Kent made jams, conserves and chutneys.
- Echoes of Velvet Soaping Company – luscious soaps.
- Edith and Billie – Beckenham made jewellery and Christmas baubles.
- Emily Brand Art – local artist, prints and originals.
- Elle Jane Designs – hand made cards and notelets.
- Gifterati – fabulous kids gift hampers.
- Guayusa Tea Co – South American Tea bought to Beckenham by local entrepreneurs.
- Gourmet Sausage Maker – hot sausages in a bun, yum.
- Harbourne Vineyard – Kent grown and made wine.
- Madison Cakes – Beckenham made cakes and treats.
- Marsh Produce – rare breed lamb & pork, beef, free range poultry, homemade burgers and sausage and now Kent cheese.
- Nip from The Hip – fruit liqueurs made with locally sourced fruit.
- Pattyman – Carribean patties to go, hot sauce optional.
- Paulas Delight – curries from Guyana.
- Pedal Inn – mulled wine and more.
- Primrose Crafts – cards, prints, make your own herb gardens and planters.
- Riverford Organic – organic food suppliers.
- Sapore Vero – Beckenham wood fired pizza.
- Sevenoaks Candles – Kentish artisan candles.
- Taylors catering – Thai food to go.
- The Greek Way – Greek Souvlaki to go.
- St George’s Church – local church next to The Green.
- Three Hounds Beer Company – locally produced beer.
- The Mobile Coffee Bean – gourmet coffee and tea.
- Turnaround Wood – beautiful handmade wood craft.
- Woodland Food Services – fruit crisps.
Above details were correct at time of writing but may be subject to change.