Lewisham Council has secured a Round 1 pass from the Heritage Lottery Fund’s (HLF) Parks for People programme. The Mayor of London has approved the HLF bid and the public golf course will close at some point.
Draft proposals for the restoration and regeneration of the park and buildings have been developed and The Council would like to hear your views about these plans. The comments received will be used to inform the next stages of planning the project.
The plans will be available at a series of exhibitions and events over the coming weeks. The events will be staffed by members of the project team who will be on hand to explain the proposals and to answer any questions you may have.
The programme of exhibitions is shown below.
- Saturday 5 March 2016, 11.00 am – 3.00 pm, Sainsburys forecourt Beckenham High Street, Beckenham
- Wednesday 9 March 2016, 1.00 pm – 6.00 pm, 14 -15 Catford Broadway (Opposite Costa Coffee), Catford
- Sunday 13 March 2016, 2.00 pm – 4.00 pm, Beckenham Place Park Mansion House Visitor Centre.
- Monday 14 March 2016, 9.00 am – 11.30 am, The Green Man, 355 Bromley Road.
- Monday 14 March 2016, 12 noon – 4.00 pm, Bellingham High Street (Shop next to the Post Office),14 Randlesdown Road.
- Thursday 17 March 2016, 3.00 pm – 5.00 pm and; 7.00 pm – 8.30 pm, Evangelical Church Hall, Cromwell Road, Beckenham.
- Monday 21 March 2016, 6.00 pm – 9.00 pm,The Green Man,355 Bromley Road.
- Saturday 26 March 2016, 11.00 am – 3.00 pm, Beckenham Place Park Mansion.
These exhibitions are being run as drop in sessions, with the same plans and surveys available at each session. You do not need to confirm your attendance and these sessions are all open to the public. Therefore please pick a date, time and venue that is most convenient for you.
Further public consultation will be carried out later in Summer 2016 prior to the submission of the final proposals to the Heritage Lottery Fund.
Enquiries about the project should be directed to Alison Taylor, Project Manager, Lewisham Council by email email@example.com or on 0208 314 8758.
One thought on “Beckenham Place Park proposals get stage 1 approval – local public consultation dates in Beckenham.”
For those of us who care about democracy as well as the park, perhaps if you go along to look at the plans you might like to ask why such a similar advertised exercise, in Beckenham, was not carried out prior to the decision to close the golf course? Why was the decision made in 2014 based on a “consultation” of 175 questionnaires and 62 in favour of closing the golf course? Why now, at stage 2, is there to be no further consultation about closure of the golf course, even though Heritage Lottery Fund said further consultation is needed? Why, indeed, are Lewisham Council so desperate to close the golf course that they resort to manipulation of data and consultations?