Beckenham Improvements work update
Improvement Works Update courtesy of F M Conway, contractor for the works.
Work done in week beginning 13th November 2017.
- The redundant traffic signals at Thornton’s Corner will be removed and paving will be reinstated.
- All four corners of Thornton’s Corner will be jet washed in preparation for the surfacing
- Works on the High St between Village Garage and Ye Olde George Inn (including Fairfield Rd jnc) will continue (kerbs, drainage, paving etc.)
- Only one entrance to the car park next to Ye Olde George will be accessible on Monday & Tuesday of next week whilst work continues
- Works in Beckenham Green continues this will include finishing the granite paving on Albemarle Road corner following TfL controls work.
- Potentially increased hours of work next week and the following week to make sure all work is completed to a point sufficient for our Christmas shutdown.
Christmas close between the 4th December and 8th January 2018
- In advance of the Christmas closure barriers and materials starting to be removed to St Georges compound.
- One way traffic flow throughout The High Street will change back to two ways from Monday 4th December until Monday 8th January 2018.
Re surfacing night work at Thornton’s Corner, week beginning 20th November for potentially 5 nights. Letters will be delivered to all businesses and residents in the immediate vicinity within the next couple of days.
Diversions will be in place from 08:00pm to 05:00am throughout the re surfacing.
Works on the highway at the War Memorial roundabout are being carried out by Network Power and opposite Kelsey Square there is a gas installation to a new commercial unit. These works are not connected to the High street improvements.
2 thoughts on “Beckenham Improvements work update 13 Nov 2017”
It’s the junction by High Street, Kelsey Park Road – where the old toilet block. It was named a few years ago after Beckenham newspaper proprietor Tom Thornton who also had a Stationers on that corner opposite.
Where is Thorntons corner? I’ve lived and worked in Beckenham for 30 of years and I’ve never heard of it